Saturday, March 21, 2009

Right Site.

3-20-09

This week has been a bit crazy for no particular reason. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we´re counting down the days until we find out our future sites. (We find out April 1.) We can request things we want and don´t want but ultimately have no clue of what things will be like until we get to our sites. Even knowing my future site provides only very basic information but I can´t wait to find out. Strangely, the only thing I requested was that there be a jail so I can do some work there. The people in Rural Health are requesting more basic things, like running water...

My partner and I had our fourth Dia de Practica where we worked with an eigth grade to have them color The Hungry Caterpillar. Next DdP they´ll read their lindo books to younger kids. We all have our long field practice Monday-Friday where we visit a volunteer, stay with separate families, and prepare some charlas (workshops/talks) for several groups on several topics. I am going to Villarrica which is about 3 hours east. It is supposed to be gorgeous and very chuchi...It also has those huge rodents so I´m PSYCHED about that.

Then the next week we find out our future sites, our new contact from said site comes for a couple days of activities, we have 4-5 days of actually going to our future sites/figuring out where to live. We then come back to Guarambare for the last few weeks of training. Things have been flying by already...I can´t imagine what the next month will look like! Anyway, I´m going to Asuncion soon so I´ll cut this short but we´ve been focusing on Guaraní the past week and a half, which is extremely frustrating and sometimes makes language class creep by. I find it nearly impossible to remember what grunts or nasally sounds pair together to mean what...We´ll see how this pans out. Hope things are great in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment