Saturday, May 2, 2009

Home, Sweet Home.

4-29-09

I´m at my new home in Limpio. This marks my first day here. I got in yesterday at 1:30, took a nap, then had my 15 year old host brother ask if he could come with me to get my other bag from the Peace Corps office. It was nice to have some company on the hour bus ride each way...he is on his way to becoming my new best friend. My family situation really couldn´t be more ideal. I´m living with a really open, hard working, interesting and chatty family. The mom, Mimi, works at the community center which offers a nursery school, vocational classes (hair dressing, auto mechanics, etc.), and has a newly refurbished garden. The dad, Juan Carlos, is as hairy--and wonderful--as Chuck Bauer, and walks around shirtless as much as a man in the Reeve family. He works at a printing press and has a beard that he once grew out to take a Bin Ladin look-a-like photo. Sari is my great contact who I´ve already mentioned. Santiago is my new best friend. He is hilarious. We now have our own handshake. Juan Carlos´s mom may or may not be living with us. She was living there for a while but is now visiting her daughter for an undetermined amount of time.

It is strange being here and super slow right now. I don´t really know where to begin. I really want to unpack but don´t know where to put my stuff...I´ve taken Santi´s room and he is still using the wardrobe.

I didn´t finish this blog. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment