Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hi-Yah Cock Block!!

OK, so just a quick comment about gutsy drunk Paraguayan men and the middle-aged ladies that are some of my closest friends...

Saturday night was the weird (and wonderful) San Juan Festival here in my neighborhood. There were definitely a bunch of drunk dudes there who were enthusiastically hitting on me. At one point a guy said "Sos de djaklfjda?" ("You're from da;lkfdjal?"--I didn't hear the last word). I asked, "From where?" He said "..de verdad?" or, in English: "for real?" In other words, "Are you real?" Then his buddy said my eyes were the color of the sea. Thanks, drunkies.

Anyway, I thought that was the hit-on highlight of the night, especially since one of my señora friends and her kids were with me...I'll never hear the end of it. BUT then I talked to another señora friend of mine yesterday and she asked if i had seen an especially drunk guy sitting in a chair near her husband all night. I said I had seen him, and that I had been avoiding him since he was looking at me so creepily. Apparently my intuition is right--he said to Mari (my friend), "What do you think I'd have to say to talk that girl into sleeping with me?" (Except "coger" was used which is realllly strong for Paraguay.) Mari, being the lovely lady she is, said, "I don't think you could say anything to do that...plus she knows karate, so you should watch out." Ha! Oh how I love my 40-something amigas! Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment